Before starting with the Tips and tricks for preparing IELTS speaking test, let us understand the format of the IELTS speaking test.
Format of IELTS speaking test:
The IELTS Speaking test is split into 3 parts. In total IELTS speaking test lasts for 11-14 min.
Now let us go through detailed information about all three parts of the IELTS speaking test.
- Part 1:
It is a simple interview type session, in which you will be asked to speak something about yourself and your family. You can also be asked to tell something about your hometown, what are you studying or about your work, your hobbies, etc. This part is to make you relax and feel comfortable so that you don’t get nervous in the main round, this is the reason they start with this round and ask some familiar questions or topics. Part 1 lasts for not more than 4-5 minutes
- Part 2:
Here you will be provided with a cue card and a topic written on it. With a topic, the card will also have some important points you need to cover while speaking about the given topic. After getting a card you will be given 1 minute to read the topics and prepare for what you will be speaking in front of the examiner. You will then have to speak for 1-2 minutes on the given topic. While talking you have to take care of your grammar, vocabulary, and fluency. This time examiner will only listen and will not help you or ask you any questions regarding anything.
- Part 3:
The most challenging part, students lose marks in is part 3. It is the most abstract part of the IELTS speaking language.
Now let us tell you why it is more challenging than the other two parts. In this part, the examiner will ask you some questions on the topic you spoke in part two. The examiner will test your ability to speak about the past, present, and future, how you give your opinion, how you speak about the hypothetical situation, how you compare or how you react to another person’s opinion.
Marking criteria for IELTS speaking test
There are 4 marking criterion in the IELTS speaking test:
- Fluency and Coherence
- Grammatical power
- Lexical Resource (Vocabulary)
Each criterion 25% and you will be marked on a scale of Band 9.
Now let us understand about what exactly the examiner wants:
Examiner judges you on the above 4 marking criterion,
- Fluency and coherence: Fluency refers to a smooth flow of language. That means how smoothly you speak English without any stoppage, and Coherence means how easily the examiner understands what you are speaking, in short examiner wants to see how you communicate. You are being judged on your flow and clarity of the language.
- Grammar power: This is the most important part of the IELTS speaking test, your sentence framing should be proper with no grammatical mistakes, and it should be error-free.
- Pronunciation: You are being judged on your pronunciation skills. Also, every word should be clear, and properly understandable.
- Lexical Resource (Vocabulary):An appropriate and accurate speaking, which means the ability to use good vocabulary both appropriately and accurately.
Tips for the preparation of IELTS speaking test
- Target should be set, with a proper timeline.
- Make a study plan
- Listen to English news daily
- Practice speaking English with your friends and family
- Read books daily
- Practice pronunciation on your own.
- Read English newspaper
- Try to speak on any topic for two minutes daily
- Record your voice and listen, you will come to know where you are lagging, and you can improve those laggings.
- Learn from your mistakes and try to improve it next time while practicing for the test.
- Listening and reading on a daily bases can help you to improve your English to a greater extent
- Practice speaking in front of your family members or a group of friends and tell them to judge you on your speaking.
- Practice every day without fail.
- You must have someone who can help you with your pronunciation and vocabulary, who can be your speaking partner.
- Take your test daily, and always attempt the practice test that is being conducted online.
The above tips and tricks can help you to score until band 8 in the IELTS speaking test. Everything depends on your practice and hard work.
If you find difficulty in preparing for the Speaking test then you must join the best IELTS institute in Canada, Eye Learning located in Vancouver, Surrey, Abbotsford, Kelowna & soon in Coquitlam. We bring to you the most experienced teaching staff with years of experience. We help candidates in preparation for the IELTS test.
All required gadgets and the latest technologies are available. Eye learning is one of the best institutes for IELTS in Canada.
For more details about IELTS, you can visit our website www.eyelearning.ca or you can visit any of your near coaching centers.
We have IELTS Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, English speaking Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford, 2 module IELTS Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, IELTS classes in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, English Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Writing Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Reading Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Writing Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, IELTS General Training Test Tutors in Surrey and in Abbotsford BC, Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Reading Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Writing Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Best IELTS Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, IELTS Help Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Study Skills Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Professional Writing Service Tutors and Writing Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, Provincial Preparation Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC, IELTS Tutoring Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford and Reinforcement Tutoring Tutors in Surrey and Abbotsford BC are eager to provide superior tutoring services and tutoring programs for IELTS general training and IELTS Academic test to help you succeed. IELTS training in Surrey BC, IELTS training center in Surrey BC, IELTS coaching center in Surrey BC, IELTS coaching in Surrey BC, IELTS tutors in Surrey BC, IELTS tutors in Surrey BC, IELTS tutorial in Surrey BC, IELTS training in Surrey BC, IELTS training center in Surrey BC, IELTS coaching center in Surrey BC, IELTS coaching in Surrey BC, IELTS tutors in Surrey BC, IELTS tutorials in Surrey BC